Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a cold rainy day in January


This is a photo from a warm sunny day in July, but I thought I should write something so I get in the habit. When the pond is part of a patio, I like to have the stone work run up to the edge of the pond, with plant materials defining and softening the edge. This pond leads to another water feature (to the right as you look at the photo) that spills over into a lower patio with a hot tub . The owner wanted only white flowers in all her gardens. Not my favorite thing, but it looks nice here. This is the first season of growth. jc

2 comments:

  1. again. This is absolutely breath taking!
    I want to indulge myself on one of your jounrneys of building one of these majestical works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks twangypond. I'll give you a tour next summer.

    ReplyDelete