Thursday, September 22, 2011


This is a few years old, but I I haven't posted it yet. On the left are sketches of stones carved into seats, with some other notes. I gave it to Cape Cod Stone and Masonry in Orleans and they sent them to a quarry somewhere north of there. The quarry did a nice job of trying to match what I drew. They sent five stones (I think) and I picked the one that seemed best. It was roughly the shape of the imagined stone on the left of the page. I worked with CC Stone for a year to get it carved, and they did a great job. It is in memory of Wendy Costello, and has Wendy's Place carved on the front. jc

3 comments:

  1. Only met her one time years ago but I can see her clearly. Clearly she left an impression, one of easy friendliness and a welcoming nature. A fitting and lovely memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posting this to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete